Laser Post Treatment Instructions
Ways to Speed Healing:
- Use Bio 2 Treatment as directed.
- Do not put ANY other creams, ointments or products of any kind on
the treated area until your care provider indicates it is ok to do so.
- Do not let your skin come in contact with detergents, fabric softeners
or dryer sheets. Fabrics that have been treated with these products
may irritate your skin.
- Do not pick, rub, scrub or irritate your skin in any way while it is healing.
- Do not expose the treated area to the sun (even on cloudy days).
- Remember, UVA passes through house and car windows.
- UVA exposure can cause skin to darken.
What to Expect:
- Oozing may occur for the first 24 hours. You may notice small red/brown spots on your skin which may turn darker, but will disappear as the skin begins to heal.
- You may wish to protect your pillow the first night following treatment with an old, clean pillow case.
- Swelling may occur and usually resolves in 2-4 days.
- Sleeping on 2 pillows with your head elevated is helpful.
- Redness is a normal and expected reaction and will resolve with time.
- It is normal for skin to feel “sunburned” and/or tight.
- Avoid touching the treated area unless necessary. Do not pick the treated area but allow skin to heal on its own.
- You may shower, but keep soaps and hair products from coming in contact with the treated area.
- If you experience itching, an over the counter antihistamine such as Benadryl (diphenhydramine) may be helpful.
- Ibuprofen or acetaminophen may be used if needed.
- After stopping the Bio 2 treament, use ONLY a clinician recommended moisturizer for at least one week. Examples are:
- Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream (this is more gentle than Cetaphil lotion)
- Make-up may be worn after the majority of treated skin has healed, usually within 4 to 7 days.
- It is very important to use sunscreen with a SPF of 20 or greater when your clinician says your skin is ready.
- This helps prevent post inflammatory hyperpigmentation (darker areas).
Please call the office (925) 272-2464 if you experience intense pain, drainage, severe redness or fever, increased itching, the appearance of a cold sore, blister or a tingling sensation, or if at any time you feel that you are not healing normally.