Hair Procedures in Danville
- Hair Transplantation
- Eyebrow Transplants
- Hair Re-Growth Products
- Light Therapy for Hair Growth
- PRP Hair Rejuvenation
- Women’s Hair Loss
- Hair Removal
Hair Restoration in Danville
“I flew across the country to have my Hair transplant done with Dr. Ronan and his staff at Blackhawk. No regrets. 5 star service. Exceptional results. Clean professional facility. I plan on going back in the Fall for another unrelated procedure”.-Andy Hall
*Individual results may vary
*Individual results may vary
We want you to feel good about yourself!
Over time, depending on your genetics, you may find that your hair has started to thin or your hairline has become receded. This is a natural part of life, with about 21 million women and 40 million men suffering from thinning hair or baldness. If you feel that having a full head of hair is important to you, this may be something you want to take action against. Fortunately, the techniques involved in hair transplanting and restoration have become quite advanced and are much more effective, safe, and affordable than they were in the past. At Blackhawk Plastic Surgery, we are here to help restore your hair and your self-confidence.
The advantages of our procedure may include:
- No sutures or staples
- Using local anesthesia
- Needle sticks that leave little or no scar
- Natural looking results
- Short recovery time
- Minimal post-operation pain
Minimally Invasive Approach to Hair Loss
The advanced method of transplantation we use is considered less-invasive and much safer because the hair is removed and grafted in a fast and effective method, with many hairs being moved at a time. This is known as Follicular Unit Extraction (or FUE), and is considered to be the state-of-the-art procedure in comparison to the outdated hair stripping method. We do this treatment under local anesthesia, using no linear incisions or suture, which helps your recovery time to be very fast and cause little to no pain after the operation.
Ask about our safe and effective procedure!
A Quick History of Hair Restoration
In the past, a hair transplant was a significant surgical procedure that involved long incisions and produced results that were typically less than perfect. Visible hair plugs and long incisions of the scalp are now relics of the past thanks to the more advanced method of Follicular Unit Extraction.
Causes of Hair Loss
Hair loss may occur for a number of different reasons. For most people, the problem is genetic, though there are some other potential causes that may be remedied to restore a full head of hair. Here’s a closer look at some of the causes of hair loss to help you determine if FUE is the right method for you.
- Genetics – Male and female pattern baldness are hereditary, and often seen in adults as they age. Pattern baldness will cause hair loss in specific areas, while some follicles grow normally and in full volume. With FUE, these healthy remaining follicles can be transplanted to thinning areas to create a full, beautiful head of natural hair.
- Autoimmune Disorders – Certain autoimmune disorders may cause the body to attack hair cells, leading to widespread hair loss. When these conditions are the cause of hair loss, they will typically cause hair to become thin not only on the head, but on the rest of the body as well.
- Environmental Factors – In some cases, factors like stress or poor diet may lead to hair loss. The texture of the hair may also become brittle or dry if these factors are affecting your hair growth.
We understand that undergoing this type of operation can seem overwhelming and you may have a lot of questions about the way it works, how your hair will look afterwards, and if anyone will be able to tell a difference. Our team would be more than happy to answer these questions and discuss your options with you. If you would like to find out more about the hair transplant procedure we offer, or would like to make an appointment for a consultation, please call us directly at (925) 736-5757!
Watch a video testimonial from a patient just a few weeks out from his procedure.