The 10 Cosmetic Plastic Surgery Predictions for 2011!
In this article, “American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS), the leading national organization of board-certified plastic surgeons who specialize in cosmetic surgery, offers its predictions for cosmetic surgery in 2011.”
They believe the 10 trends are:
- Economic Improvement-As the economy continues to improve, demand for facelifts and other facial rejuvenation surgery will increase. Non-surgical facial rejuvenation procedures will also see some growth, but people who have been putting off surgery for the past few years because of the economy will be ready for the gold standard in facial rejuvenation in 2011.
- Popularity of Cosmetic Injectables-The growth and popularity of cosmetic injectables (Botox, Dysport, Sculptra, Radiesse, Evolence, Juvederm, Restylane, Perlane etc.) will continue to increase as products continue to evolve and new players enter the market.
- More Body Contouring Procedures-As our population increasingly realizes the dangers and health consequences of obesity, the number of patients seeking plastic surgery procedures for body contouring after dramatic weight loss (abdominoplasty, lower body lift, upper arm lift, etc.) will rise in 2011.
- Increase in Breast Implants-As the baby boomer generation continues to age, so do their breast implants. This year many baby boomer women who have aging implants and/or breast ptosis will replace their implants and have breast lifts.
- Increase in “Discount Injectables”-Consumers looking for a bargain on cosmetic procedures will unfortunately lead to an increase in horror stories about “discount injectables” bought offshore and cosmetic medicine and cosmetic surgical procedures performed by untrained or poorly trained practitioners.
- Increase in Fat Removal-While liposuction (lipoplasty) will continue to be the gold-standard in fat reduction, there will be continued interest in experimental techniques for non-invasive fat removal (freezing, zapping, lasering, etc.) as a future alternative or adjunct to liposuction (lipoplasty) surgery.
- Increase in Aesthetic Medicine-Aesthetic Medicine has seen a dramatic increase in the diversity of the patients treated over the past decade and this trend is expected to continue to grow stronger than ever, with applications that cater to all people. The appeal of both aesthetic surgery and cosmetic medicine will continue to spread across the spectrum of our population, as plastic surgeons further tailor treatments to meet the sometimes unique needs of that expanding population.
- Advances in Technology-As the popularity of non surgical and minimally invasive procedures continues to grow, surgeons and manufacturers will develop new techniques and products that advance the science, produce even better results and lessen recovery time.
- The Rear-End Trend-Celebrities like Kim Kardashian, Beyonce, and Jennifer Lopez have made a shapely rear-end a must have accessory. In the coming year patients will be seeking posterior body lifts, buttock lifts, surgical and nonsurgical buttock augmentations to shape and augment their buttocks.
- Fact or Fiction?-Following the trend in increased consumer sophistication patients will increasingly want to know if the latest procedure and device being touted on the internet and TV talk show really works and if it is safe. By incorporating evidence-based medicine into the core specialties of plastic surgery, the Aesthetic Society will make it easier for both doctors and patients to determine fact from fiction.
Blackhawk Plastic Surgery is one of the Bay Area’s top plastic surgery clinics, and we offer skilled experts. Any type of surgery can be intimidating to many people, but we are here to help you relax and enjoy your own personal fountain of youth. Contact us today to set up an initial consultation appointment to see if you are a good candidate.