How Obagi and Lasers can Help with Rosacea
Rosacea is a facial skin condition that affects 16 million Americans, causing redness and bumps that resemble acne. Read on to learn more about rosacea and how the Obagi Rosaclear system and laser genesis, either together or alone offered by Blackhawk Plastic Surgery can treat the symptoms of this condition.
- What is Rosacea?
Rosacea’s causes are unclear, but its symptoms are very noticeable: red skin of the face, broken blood vessels, and pustules that are sometimes mistaken for acne. The condition can be caused by a number of factors, including sun exposure, stress, and alcohol consumption, sometimes making it difficult to avoid triggering symptoms. Sadly, many rosacea sufferers believe that they must simply accept their symptoms rather than seek treatment.
- How does the Obagi system treat Rosacea?
Obagi recognizes that rosacea is a complex condition that cannot be treated simply by soothing symptoms like redness. Read on to find out how each component of the Obagi system addresses rosacea.
- Cleanser: Containing aloe extract, the cleanser seeks to control bacteria on the surface of the skin, which can be a major contributing factor to rosacea.
- Metronidazole Topical Gel: This gel treats the papules and pustules that manifest due to rosacea and can look like acne, often causing embarrassment for sufferers.
- Complexion Corrector: With aloe, lavender, and sea whip, this corrector hides redness, promotes skin healing, and conceals the blemishes that rosacea can lead to.
- Sunscreen: Protection from UV rays is important for everyone, but it is especially vital for rosacea sufferers whose symptoms are often triggered by sun exposure. With Obagi’s sunscreen, sufferers’ skin will be protected from further damage.
- How does Laser Genesis treat Rosacea?
Laser Genesis targets the deep dermis with heat. This causes new collagen growth. The dilated vessels, that cause redness, are also treated which leads to less dilation and redness.
Combined, these treatments and preventative measures can soothe and control rosacea in many patients. Obagi is a powerful system that effectively addresses rosacea symptoms, softens skin, and controls future problems.
If you suffer from red, sensitive skin and would like to discuss your treatment options, call (925) 736-5757 to schedule an appointment with a Dr. Ronan at Blackhawk Plastic Surgery. We’ve helped many clients perfect their facial appearance and work toward healthy, youthful-looking skin.